Another quake and tsunami warning in Japan

From AP: Magitude 7.4, 25 miles off the coast of Miyagi Prefecture. Tokyo shook for a minute.

Tsunami warning for the coastal area already damaged by last month's tsunami.

Asked by gdiamante at 11:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Japan sits on the most active volcanic and earthquake zone in the world. Go figure they had another one.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I saw that on yahoo but wasn't sure if it was a new warning or not the way it was just put up there
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

bowing down

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thank you for letting me know, I must ring my friend and berate her for staying in her job there. She's worrying me far too much.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 11:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my best friend just called me and said a friend of hers stationed over there called her while it was happening....scary. i feel for these poor people... they have been thru enough already!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 11:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The ring of fire
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We were supposed to be there right now. Luckily, the other one happened in time to cancel the trip! So sad and scary. They just can't get a break.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My heart breaks for the families who are still suffering from the last disaster. We sent money to the Red Cross to help the survivors of the last quake and tsunami. I hope they have enough warning this time to get everyone to safety--and that this doesn't cause more damage to the nuclear reactors. My thoughts are with them.  We have a boy in my older daughter's school whose mother is from Japan--and she still has family and friends there.  She has asked the school to help raise funds, and the school came through for her.  It looks like we'll have to see what more we can do. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• sucks to be them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well, sure, it makes sense they had another one. Just like it makes sense for the southeast and Gulf coasts of the US to have hurricanes. We have CM members living there, though... thought people would like to know. Hope everyone is safe!

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011