Why do i suffer from constant headaches and even migraines! also EXTREMLY tired !

i DO have graves diseas a thyroid disorder but my endo said that she didnt believe this was a link between my constant headaches!
but it seems like daily im taking excedrine or something to combat my massive headaches!
im also EXTREMLY tired. spending over 1/2 my day on the couch or in bed.
help!!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 11:14 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• I feel for ya - I've struggled with chronic headaches my entire life - even since I was child. I have every type you can get including complicated migraines where they have thought I've had a stroke. I would go see a neurologist and start the parade of meds to try - I will tell you that a lot of them have horrible side effects and rendered me as useless as the headaches themselves. Mine were their worst when I was in an unhappy marriage and stressed plus I think mine are also tied to hormones. I use Maxalt for migraines, I use a combo of excedrin migraine or BC powders or motrin depending on the intensity. I took topomax for a while to try to lessen them but that is an awful drug I wouldn't recommend to anyone, however, my aunt takes it and it has worked wonders for her. So seek out a neurologist who specializes in headaches. I wish you luck.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am sorry that you aren't feeling well. Headaches could be a lot of things. I'd recommend seeing a GP or Neurologist and get diagnosed. When I have a spell of headaches it is usually allergy or sinus infection, but these may not be what are causing yours.

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i was on topamax for my mirgraines but they left me with numb tingleing feeling in my fingers so i stopped taking them since i am also on something to prevent a heart attack.
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yep - I couldn't count out change, I sent my boss to atlanta and didn't book him a ticket back, I would drive somewhere and forget where I was going - I was out of my mind on that medicine. Keep seeking - don't give up. I will tell you that mine have gotten better as I've moved into my 40's. My 30's they were at their full swing and I really suffered.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• When I had Lyme disease, extreme exhaustion and crushing headaches were part of it. Do you live in an area where Lyme disease is a possibility?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:56 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• dont you get lyme disease from ticks? i live in KY -
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Are you sure it is not due to stress?
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 1:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Can you go to a physician, maybe have an MRI.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• id see another dr to see if they knew
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011