Does any know any yummy budget friendly recipes?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, simple, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Pasta of choice. Red sauce of choice mixed with Philadelphia cooking cream (flavor of choice). Add veggies (mushrooms, peppers, onions, tomatoes etc.) or meat (sausage chunks or hamburger) if desired. Serve with salad and bread/butter or garlic bread. My family loves pasta night! Enjoy!

XoXo
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Spaghetti is cheap. We eat a lot of that here..but I've learned that you can make almost anything cheap by buying in bulk and making a lot at once. Hamburger is one of the cheaper meats, so just make meals planned around that...super easy and cheap: Hamburger soup. Just cook hamburger til done, add a few cups of water, put in potatoes, onions, celery, mushrooms, a beef bullion cube, salt and pepper to taste. Generally comes out pretty good. I never make it exactly the same way twice. Lipton Onion Soup Mix is a nice addition. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That's funny you ask, I was just looking for myself! I put 3 recipes on my grocery list from this 1 site. Hope it helps.
    http://family.go.com/food/pkg-low-cost-recipes-from-a-real-mom/
    Pamarita

Answer by Pamarita at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I try to feed my family $10 dinner meals as often as possible.... we have 3 ( I have my 2 that are 8 and 4, a step son that's 12) boys that play sports so that's not always easy... here are my go-to quick meals always stocked in the pantry....

Beef stir fry with minute rice... you can buy the veggies in the freezer aisle for $2, the meat for $5 and a box of minute rice for $2. cook the meat with asian sesame dressing ($1.89) and soy sauce,mix in veggies and cook rice... takes 30 minutes and is actually pretty good for you.

Also,
    Pork chops ($7)breaded with italian bread crumbs($2) and baked at 350F for 45 minutes, served with Alfredo noodles (Knorr sides $1 on sale and there's usually a coupon in the sunday paper for them too), my family LOVES this meal! Also very affordable!

We also usually keep jello and ice cream (if it's on sale and I have a coupon) for desert! Can't get any cheaper than Jello and cool whip!
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Also.. we bake chicken in italian dressing and buy the Saffron Rice that comes in the yellow foil package ($1.50) and cook up some green beans... that's another staple meal in our home...
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My cheapest meals are pancakes or french toast. or a box mac and cheese and then add one can of tuna and one can of peas.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Look for sales. Shop around at different stores to see what prices are better on what. Make meals lists- what kind of meals do you want to eat the next couple weeks. Get ingredients for those meals, and a few healthy snacks.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 1:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011