Do you think that having a T.V. in your Bedroom is a good thing?

I am opting for taking mine out. I think our bedroom should be our time away from the world and if we want to watch it we can do so in the family room.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I was never a fan of tv in the bedroom. I always felt it promoted sleep issues. I don't know for a fact that it does, but that's what I choose to believe. That being said, we do have a tv in our bedroom, but only for playing "grown-up" movies, not for regular watching.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We have one, but it is never on when the two of us are in there together. It is an unspoken rule. I watch in the morning after everyone is out of the house. And I watch that TV during football season.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We just got a bigger TV so we moved the smaller one into the bedroom. There are often nights where I have too much on my mind to sleep, and I'll pass out in mere minutes if I'm comfy and the TV is on... it's a life-saver - or a back-saver, since I fall asleep on the couch a lot less now!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We don't have a TV in our house at all. I definitely wouldn't have one in our bedroom.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 11:41 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I love my TV in the bedroom. I watch the news in the morning while I'm getting ready. I watch whatever I want while I fold laundry. I never just sit in the living room and watch TV.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:42 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Eh. I don't think it matters much. We have a tv in our bedroom, but we rarely watch it. However, sometimes it's nice to cuddle in bed and watch a movie. If it ever became a problem we'd take it out, but it hasn't.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We have a tv in our bedroom just because the sound helps me sleep. But i believe you are right. At the end of the day when you all go to sleep that should be a relaxing, quiet time between you and your husband. I actually may take the tv out of our room now that you mention that. Because sometimes if im watching something my husband doesnt wanna watch he will go to the bedroom and watch what he wants and that gets upsetting at times because he is in there, and im in the living room when we should be together cuz we hardly get time together.
    I agree with you!! TV should not be in the bedroom!
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It's an individual choice.  It works for some but not for others.

It works for us because I have sleep issues and I fall asleep within an hour (which is fast for me) if I'm watching TV.   It also provides good cover for sex noises.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Some people need "white noise" to fall asleep to...sometimes I need that, sometimes I don't. And sometimes its close to bedtime, but neither hub or I are tired just yet to go to sleep, so we'll put a movie on our TV in the bedroom. That way if one or both of us do fall asleep, we're not woke up to go climb the stairs to go to bed, and risking the possibility of waking up too much and not being able to fall back to sleep.

Plus, sleep timers on TV are win.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We don't have a TV in the bedroom....not for any particular reason, we just don't have one in there....but I kind of think I want one lol....DH is hardly ever here (works 2 jobs) and I don't always want to get out of my bed when I can't sleep at night (he's at work and it's still hard for me to sleep through the night without him) I think I might get one but still not sure....DH doesnt care one way or the other
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 7, 2011