A question about extreme couponing

If you were buying $800 worth of stuff and paying next to nothing for it and your house was already storing hundreds of items it would take you years to use...would you feel generous and donate items or just hoard everything and let everything expire.

I watch these shows about extreme couponing and it seems greedy to hoard all that stuff when there are people in need, but that's just me

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• I want to know where they find a store that does double coupons,, LOL! Yes, I think enough is enough, donate the food or give it up for a minute,, there was like 400 boxes of mac and cheese,,IDK seems like hoarding if you ask me!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Could the people in need not also go to the store and purchase $800 worth of stuff for next to nothing using the same methods? Why is it greedy for the person who actually put in the time and effort to keep what they earned?
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 11:53 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• most everyone i watched on the show did say they donated to the needy.
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would donate to a local food pantry.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think they should donate a lot of it. The only lady I agreed with was the one with 7 children. I think she would use all of that before it expired, I know I would and I only have 5 kids. The one woman that was not married was just stupid. Why would you buy 35 bottles of maalox just because you have 35 coupons?
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I watched it last night and there was a man on one of the epidsodes that did donate to a food bank and one of the ladies said that she goes through once a month and donates some of the extras.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• if it were ME id probally be donating alot of it- probally like 60 bottles of mustard to a local church.lol.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:52 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It's not greedy. They are working hard to get that stuff. I don't think they buy perishables. If they have a ridiculous amount of something, they can donate some. It's up to them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i love that show. but i see it as if i could do a yrs worth of shopping for my family then i would only do one good shopping trip a yr. thats it. i dont think i would run back over and over again. but if i could or did then yes i would donate 1/2. so if i had 100 bulk rolls of toilet paper then 1/2 would go to donations or even to friends and family..why not help them out. and save them some money. i would love to be able to do couponing like that. i do coupons and store sales but nothing great like that..lol think the best i did was save 50.00 so it didnt cost me 200 it cost me 150. and i was thrilled lol.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011

• SuperChicken - good answer!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:55 AM on Apr. 7, 2011