Can you get a tattoo while breastfeeding??

Or when is it safe to after you have the baby??

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't see why not, so long as it is a sterile environment (not outta the back of someones house, lol).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• When I wanted to get one done, my mom(shes a nurse) told me that It wasnt really safe because the baby shares your blood and the ink goes into your blood but I actually dont know you should prob should ask your docter
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 1:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• As long as the Tat is Not on your breast and it is done from a liscensed tat artist you will be fine.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• http://www.llli.org/FAQ/tattoos.html

This site should answer all of your questions.....but the jist of it is yes, it will be fine so long as you take care of it and don't get an infection.

(The ink only goes into your top lairs of skin....it will NOT get into your blood.....thats just silly)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Be sure that it is a reputable shop, and ask them to show you that everything they use is sterile and single-use. Your immunity may still be down while breastfeeding, so you want to make sure you guard against infection.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2008