Thick clear discharge, but NOT ovulating adult content

So I thought all this month that I was pregnant. I took a few tests between CD21-CD24. I had 2 positives and 2 negatives. Both tests that showed positive are controversial tests so I decided to just assume I am not pregnant. Now I am on CD24 (my cycle averages 29 days) and I started having a strange discharge. Last night and this morning it was clear and very watery. Now it has turned to a thick stretchy discharge. I know I am not ovulating because my ovulation CM is thick, white, and almost pasty and has always been that way. Plus I am only about 5 days away from AF, way too late to ovulate. Any ideas? Should I be worried about infection?

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ok, first of all..ONLY take the test first thing in the morning with your first morning pee.

After the time limit, you cannot go by what the test says. Only during the time it says is the answer accurate.

Chances are, if you got a positive with first morning pee, then you are pregnant. Go buy the "First Response" test and do it first thing in the morning. when you hCG levels are highest.

It's possible the earlier pink stuff was implantation bleeding.

It's also possible your period was just whack this time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Ovulation can occur at ANY time, that's why EDD aren't always accurate. EWCM is almost always ovulation discharge. Creamy white is almost always at the end of the ovulation as you signal it's over.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have already had the thick white discharge this month so I assumed that I had already ovulated. I could be wrong though, as how I am not using any type of predictor kit or anything. I just wonder if I did already ovulate, then what is my body doing now. Could this just be my body's way of cleaning itself out before my period? Or should I be worried about something more serious? I have never had this much discharge so close to my AF which is what worries me. Normally, I dry up about 4-5 days before my period is due, then have a slight discharge the day before it starts which signals me that it is on its way. Now that I am thinking about it, if I am ovulating now rather than earlier on in my cycle, will I still have a period this month? Should I expect it later than I thought? Man! Being a woman is difficult! lol
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Haha..well, you can still have your period right on time, regardless of when you ovulated. That's again the reason why EDD's are off. You can ovulate anywhere in your cycle. Not many women ovulate on day 14 of a 28 day cycle. And..as long as your discharge isn't smelly or a completely weird consistency..I wouldn't worry. Sometimes, discharge is just discharge. Could you be pregnant? You can get more discharge then, although..it usually isn't the EWCM kind.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well I thought I was pregnant this month so I took a few tests. I had the first one come back positive (Equate blue dye with 2 lines, not the plus/minus one) so I took another one that evening that came back negative (FRER) so I took another FRER the next morning which came back positive, but after about 5 hours the line faded and continued to fade throughout the day until it looked negative. So the today I took an Equate pink dye (plus/minus) test and got a complete negative. That is why I am so confused. Earlier in the month, about a week after I got off my period) I had some brown discharge that turned into brownish pink really light bleeding for about 4-5 days. It happened right during the time frame I would have ovulated if I were ovulating on the average 11-14 days area. Could that have thrown off my ovulation so that I am ovulating now? And if I am ovulating now, could that have given me 2 false positives?
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011