What memories do you have of going to libraries? Good? Bad? Mean librarians?

Do you take your kids now to the library based on your experiences?

Asked by jmpj8107 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• They're like my happy place, once my children are old enough to fully appreciate books they will go often.

Answer by kayalouise at 12:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have great memories.

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I only have happy memories of libraries. It is hard for me to imagine that someone could possibly have unhappy memories in a library.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i have great memories of the library growing up. Reminds me of summers and being on my own riding bikes around town about 10 years old. Ah the smell of the books - all the possibilities. We had a really cool library in my little town!

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Many good memories of going to the library and seeing all those books! We would spend hours (or so it seemed) looking at books and trying to find ones we wanted. We also enjoyed participating in the summer reading programs and seeing how many books we could read!

Answer by MizLee at 12:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I love going to the library, however there was a time when I was in school, one year I think, that I did not go because of something that happened. I ended up just going to the public library instead.

I've even worked in a library, 3 as a matter of fact, and even considered doing it as a career, except that where I lived, they didn't have a college major for it.

We have 5 libraries here in my town and I'm fortunate to work right next to one and I really like the staff there, they are very nice and very accomodating.

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I used to spend a lot of time in the HS school library. I never went to a regular library. We never go. I don't have any extra time to kill. I work full time. Our weekends are packed.

Answer by mompam at 12:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't have any real good or bad memories of libraries, but I never liked having to be quiet. I still go once in a while now, but I'd rather go to a bookstore.

Answer by not-the-momma at 12:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011