Why am I cramping before and after period?

ok so I had unprotected sex around the time I ovulated (march 12-19th) and my period was due this last saturday (april 2nd). I started having cramps like I was already on my period about a week before it should have started. I ended up starting my period early ( march 29th) and it was a lot lighter than my usual period and only lasted about 3 days. I still had cramping through my period and now I have been off of it for a few days and I am still having cramps! I have taken 3 pregnancy test (the last one on monday, april 4th) and all have been negative...anyone have any idea what this could be??

oh and I forgot to add that I have had bloating since the cramps started too

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would wait a week and take another test. It is possible that you are pregnant and the tests just haven't picked it up yet. If you still get a negative and are continuing to cramp I would make an appointment with your OB. However it is probably nothing to worry about. I used to start cramping the day I started my period, cramp the whole time I was on, and stop cramping the day I stopped bleeding. Out of nowhere my body did a flip. I now start cramping about 4 days before AF is due, stop cramping for 1-2 days in the middle of my period, then cramp again until about 4 days past my period. My OB said it was completely normal and nothing to worry about.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Wait a week and try again. Good luck!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2011