So i went out to dinner last night

got home at 9 my dh was asleep. ( hes been doing 12 hr days) my dd who's 3 climbed unto our med cabinet and got my hair scissors how i still dont know and chopped off her hair it was to her coller bone now its to under her ear only on one side. what in the world!! i am so sad. i never cut my hair ( i cut my little sisters) and my dd whos 6 never did this how many people have had their kids cut their hair?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 12:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's like a rite of passage for some little girl's. It'll be ok, she's not the first and she won't be the last to do it. You'll come up with some kind of cute hair cut to work with. I had a cousin who cut off one side of her hair (she was 11 though and trying to start a new fad). She just starting wearing bows on the one side all the time so her Mom wouldn't find out. She just turned it into a new fashion trend.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My Stepdaughter cut her hair 2 or 3 times (2 times before I moved in). The last time was when she was 6. She seemed to be fascinated by the scissors. When we asked her the last time why she did it she said her bangs were getting in her eyes. We told her the next time she wanted her hair cut to just ask and we'd take her to get it cut. We also hid all the scissors for about a year until we were convinced she wouldn't do it again. So far she hasn't. I never cut my own hair either. Some kids are just more adventurous I think.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 12:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had a little sister (not biologially) who always cut her bangs, they used to stick up that's how short she cut them, her mom let her run around like that to ....well, teach her a lesson lol. If my daughter ever cut her hair, i'd be devastated!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I never cut my own hair, but my little sister did all the time.

My mom tells a story about when I was little I had a little curl at the back of my hair that my mom would twirl around her finger when I was cuddling her. My older sister was jealous, so she asked me to play "hair dresser" with her. She chopped off my curl! Boy was my mom MAD.

I would be really mad at dh for going to sleep and not knowing what the baby was doing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• well he layed her down at 8:30 then fell asleep he has been working 12 hr days 6 days out of the week so im not i feel bad for going out my dh who is 6 was sleeping.
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My daughter cut her bangs. there was a question on here yesterday about a little girl who chopped her long hair off. She had to get a short hair cut. I think it's common. I'll try to find it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my dd who is 6 lol
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Look at this:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/801425/Caitlin_chopped_ALL_her_hair_earlier_not_a_question
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• @ mom pam i would have died!!! wow idk what im going to do i might have to get a bob im so sad :(
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My friend's daughter did this. My friend is a hairdresser, so her daughter was acting like Mommy and cut her own hair. Unfortunately, she cut it so badly, my friend had to buzz her poor girl's head. There was just no way to fix it. Then she had to pierce her ears so people would stop calling her a little boy.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011