Are you satisfied with the education that your child is receiving at school?

Is your child doing well in school?
Do you think that they should be learning more in school?
Are you happy with the class curriculum?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in

• My son is in a charter school and we absolutely love it. We have renewed our lease at this apartment 3 times now and will once more so we can stay near this school. Even tho we want to move. If you have one near you, I highly recommend the Imagine Charter schools especially ones with Micro Society.  If you would like to know more about either the Imagine Schools or Micro Society or why I love them so much feel free to message me. Other wise I will end up spamming this thread with lots of positive things about it lol .

1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 12:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• DD is in 7th, grade all adanced classes, (A's and B's) DS is in 1st grade (O's and S+'s). I'm very thrilled w/ how well they are doing. My only problem is that I feel that education is VERY important, but I also feel that kids are pushed too hard to grow up too fast, and aren't allowed to be kids anymore. It's sad.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• K and 1st graders. Yes, I'm pleased with what they are learning.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have a little one in kindergarten. We just moved across the country, where she was at was great and this area seems to be equally good. She is reading and writing in sentences. I think the schools and teachers are great. i think what they are learning is appropriate not pushing them too hard but at the same time expecting enough.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yep I love my dds school. She is in K but my other 2 went through the same elementary and I love the school. The middle and high school are the problem here.

Answer by gemgem at 12:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• YES! Our oldest is in an academically challenging charter school. Public school was too easy for him and he was goofing off all the time. Now he has to work and is doing much better. This school teaches kids at their level. So if a student excels in a certain subject, they can move to a higher level class, if they need more help in another subject they can move down to a lower class. My 6th grader is in Pre-Algebra and advanced Latin and Spanish. He wouldn't be getting any of those classes in public school, until at least 9th grade.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my preschooler is learning more than my kindergartner ..seriously! my son will bring papers home that a child in preschool would be doing - matching 1 to 10.. putting 1-10 in right order wth!! my daughter is in preschool that knows that an brings home papers about weather and bugs an animals she can tell me in detail why it rains an snows! .. my son in kindergarten can count to 100 but only does worksheets 1-10 something is very wrong!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• When my girls were little they went to a uppity suburban school that had awards in education....Can't understand why really, they weren't learning as much as when we moved to this area and they go to a very small school. As soon as they started here their grades went way up and they excelled at learning and now my 6 yr old son...well I could not get him to do anything but he started school this year and he is learning by leaps and bounds. I think this small town school has some true gems for teachers!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Is your child doing well in school? With an IEP he is doing as well as expected in some areas and excellently in others.
    Do you think that they should be learning more in school? Yes. The first half of the year was very repetitive of last year.
    Are you happy with the class curriculum? I would like to see our curriculum be a little more challenging but the only way for that to work would be if we went to year round school. After 2 months of no school they need that first few months of review.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yes we are and yes he is he is having some issues with his self esteem and second guessing himself all the time but we are working on that also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:07 PM on May. 20, 2011