Did you have a favorite teacher? If so, what year of school did s/he teach you?

jmpj8107

Asked by jmpj8107 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in

• My favorite teacher taught me spanish 9th-12th grade. I absolutely loved her. She was there for me a lot and she was willing to step up and be mom/counselor whenever I needed her. She really helped me grow in my religious faith (I went to a christian private school) and she inspired my career. I still talk to her. I think she's an amazing person.
    Fiestygoodbye

Answer by Fiestygoodbye at 12:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I did- he was both my 7th grade teacher and the math teacher for middle school.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My 9th grade pre-algebra teacher. I failed half the yr. but she was the most kind, caring, and understanding teacher ever. She got to know her kids on a personal level, and you don't find that often!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 12:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My senior English teacher. He was amazing.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My fave teacher was my art teacher, I had her for 3 yrs in HS, and my senior yr I had her twice, once as my advanced art teacher, and again as a teachers assistant. I actually hated her the first year I had her but she pushed me to be better and in the end she was my fave.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My 5th grade teacher - she made coming to school every day fun, but more importantly, she made learning fun once we got there.

My 11th grade US History teacher - this man was tough and he was rough around edges. (Plus he wore hideous plaid sports coats all the time. LOL!) He loved what he did & it showed. He was fair. He pushed us ahead in a way many others never bothered to try. One of my favorite class trips was going to Philadelphia with him and racing around the city to see all the things he felt would bring history alive.

My 12th grade AP English teacher - I hated Shakespeare until Mr. M made it come alive. Wow. He was an amazing teacher and an even more special person. He was a gifted educator and I'm so grateful he figured that out in time to teach me.

My college PoliSci professor and my college adviser an English Prof. - two more gifted educators that really cared about their students. I still miss them sometimes
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My 6th grade teacher. She was amazing and taught me so many things that I still use today. For instance she taught me about genetics and an easy way to remember how to convert from Gallons, to pints and quarts, and so on.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Probably Mrs Lindstrom in 6th grade. She was demanding but also nice and fair. For 2 previous years, I had a teacher who didn't like me, and finally I had one who made me feel happy and I would have done anything for her. And she did fun things like we had a paper airplane contest.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• mrs, Nieves english in 12 grade
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• I really liked my 8th grade history teacher and my high school business teacher.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2011