I need diet help with my son.

My son is 3.5... He's a picky eater and will only eat certain things. He REFUSES to eat pastas but will eat mac n cheese.. He will not eat but a bite or two of pizza... He is not a big fan of meat.. He will eat chicken nuggets, homemade chicken tenders, a few bites of steak, hot dogs, and a little bit of hamburger meat.. But chicken is his main meat.. He drinks organic milk (the Horizon brand), water, and MAYBE 6 oz of the Mots Tots juice.. He loves fruits and veggies so he eats a lot of those.. But other than that, he's not a big eater.. I don't know what to do... Any suggestions to get him to eat other foods? Oh and he's 35 lbs (FINALLY!!!!) and 39 inches tall.. He was 30 lbs for 2 years and finally started gaining a little weight this last year.. People say he looks "buff" for his age.. He plays baseball like crazy and is probably about as good as a 6-10 year old that has been playing for a while.. So I can see the "buff" statements because he's very strong! But anyway, I'm still stuck on the food.. =(

NoahsMomma6807

Asked by NoahsMomma6807 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Just offer things to him. You can't make him like new foods. It sounds like he's eating just fine for a toddler.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He sounds just like my son i just gave up offing def things since he already likes the healthy stuff
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 12:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Try Grilled Cheese , Fish Sticks, Pancakes, French Toast, Toaster Strudels, or Sweet Potatoe Fries.

Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I feel like a hypocrite saying those things, because I dont approve of DS eating that....but I am sure it will get your son in the door to new foods and experiences.
    Wish2Be

• Wish2Be... He will eat most of that.. He seems to have an issue with certain food textures... Like he will actually gag on pasta (other than mac n cheese).. So iunno.. =/
    NoahsMomma6807

Comment by NoahsMomma6807 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Wish2Be i was wondering y u dont approv of those
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 9:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Have you had him evaluated for sensory issues?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:09 AM on Apr. 10, 2011