OMG its soo Annoying!!

My feet keep swelling...UGH. It itchs so freaking bad. How can I make it stop...other then putthing my feet up. Im 35 wks.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Watch your salt intake.

I was swelling REALLY bad, and I cut almost all the salt from my diet, and I lost 5lbs in a week of water weight.

And ask your doctor if it is safe for you to use support socks. They help with varicose veins as well.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• when you wake up (after having your feet up that night) put tennis shoes on really tight...that's what i did, and it didn't hurt to walk.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• If you put on tennis shoes really tight, it will just cause your legs to swell up worse. Trust me. I'm 34 wks and my legs and feet have been swelling oh sooo bad for over a month. i don't eat hardly any salt anymore or anything and none of these tricks anybody hands out worked for me. The only thing that seems to work for me is lemon-water. Lemon juice helps your body flush out the extra water. I've been sippin' lemon water for about a week, and I'm barely swollen at all anymore. Just a tad bit. Just make you a big ol' glass of water and pour in about a tablespoon or too of real lemon juice, or I use ReaLemon. It's lemon juice in a bottle basically. I like lemons, so it tastes good to me, but if it's bitter to you, you can put a little sugar or sweet-n-low in it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• make sure you bring this to your doc's attention. swelling in the feet in legs in pregnancy and not in pregnancy are a sign of high blood pressure.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 2:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Not necessarily. My BP is always regular or even a little low. I've been swollen so bad lately my shoes don't even fit anymore (been wearing flip flops), and my drs still aren't concerned. But talk to ur doc jic
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008