My 3 year old LOVES pretending to be a baby...

it scares me a little. She's potty trained, but she loves diapers, diaper cream, sippy cups and bottles and the idea of being in a crib. I try to tell her that she's a big girl, but she keeps insisting that she's a baby. I know its probably too early for obsessive or fetish behavior, I just don't know whats going on.

DarcyMavis

Asked by DarcyMavis at 4:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• shes completely normal. alivia loves pretnding to be a baby. she actually is a different baby animal each day. I think maybe with the new baby coming she wants to be a baby and feel the attention as well.
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 8:18 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Mine do, too, they like me to give them blankets and they lay on the couch cooing like babies. Doesn't bother me. My daughter (2) has asked a couple times if she could get back in my tummy. I think they just see how cuddly babies are...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 1:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• My son did that too for a few weeks. He would crawl up in my lap and say 'I'm a little baby' and start whinning, hand me his cup and say feed me. I just played along with him. He would drink all of his juice and then try to pretend that I was the baby!
    Leslie03

Answer by Leslie03 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2008