what is a good diet to go on?

I want to lose like 40 lbs and go back to what I weighed before I had a baby. Any helpful diets or exercises?

prettyNpink0769

Asked by prettyNpink0769 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• high fruit diet. Plenty of fresh whole ripe fruits and greens should be the main part of your diet.

I am writing a book about this that will be coming out in the new year if you are interested. It comes with an additional book on combatting cravings.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Diets don't work! To lose weight you need to eat a balanced diet (small amounts 5-6 times a day) and burn more calories than you are consuming through exercise. There's no easy way around it.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 2:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• HAHA good luck with a diet hun! Mine is 18 months old and i'm still 30lbs heavier than before pregnancy!
    Natasha765

Answer by Natasha765 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My SIL lost TONS of weight by using a customized Herbalife regimen. You will do a 21-day herbal cleanse and will be given a diet to follow along with weight-loss/management shakes and tablets. I watched her help many women and men lose weight with the Herbalife system. The systems aren't cheap, but I think they are well worth it, if you have the discipline to stick with it! She lost her weight several years ago (Herbalife combined with exercise) and hasn't gained it back!
    PiggyBug

Answer by PiggyBug at 7:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• There is no diet plan that is the greatest. You can lose weight on any plan out there but mst rely on derpivation whether it be carbs, meat, sugar, etc. Try keeping a food journal. THen focus on incorporating more fruit and veggies in your day. Drink up to 64 ounces of water a day. Increase your fiber intake which helps you stay full longer. Exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. It has to be a lifestyle change for it to work. Any fad diet will work great at first but at some point you will want something that is off limits and more than likely you will binge. Just eat what you like in moderation. It has worked for me pretty well and while I still have 40 pounds to go before I will be at my goal I have made great strides.
    Mamaford2

Answer by Mamaford2 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2008