How to stop my pre-schooler from hitting other children?

I have a 4yr old pre-schooler, he is one of the three youngest in the class. This is the 5-6 time we've heard from the teacher where he has hit another child at school. He has a 13 year old sister that picks on him regular and gets in trouble for it too. He will hit her as hard as he can since shes bigger than him. I think this is why he's aggressive at school too. I know they are only kids and siblings. But, I don't know any other way to handle this. Taking stuff away is not working either. Any suggestions?

myblessings313

Asked by myblessings313 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When my 3 1/2 yr old was in daycare (pre-school setting) he was the same way. The days that he did good in class and didn't have any aggression problems were the days that I put him to bed early the night before, woke him up with enough time in the morning to have breakfast and some mom time, then sent him to "school" with hugs and kisses. That's the only thing that worked for me. If he didn't get enough sleep or felt rushed in the morning he was a butthead all day and would get into fights with the other kids. It definitely makes all the difference. GL!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011