DS has leg pain..

DS is 6 yo.  He started baseball last week and just had his third practice yesterday. For about 3 days he's complained about really sore legs. Even cried this morning before school and said he wanted to quit baseball. =(

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help alleviate the pain in his legs.. Does he just need rest or could there be something really wrong?

I don't exactly have health insurance right now, so any tips, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

bdflykisses

Asked by bdflykisses at 1:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like he just has sore muscles. I'd let him rest for a day or two and then just keep him active between practices. My son is 3.5 and plays baseball so I have been there!!
    NoahsMomma6807

Answer by NoahsMomma6807 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'd definitely let him rest. If it's that painful, they obviously need time to heal. There could be something wrong, but it's probably just soreness. If it persists, take him to the doctor, insurance or not.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• call if this goes on to rule out anything. But my girls will complain about leg pain and just called growing pains and I just use bengay and that seems to help. Might be sore from basketball and might try the bengay, heat pad, just something warm on legs might help.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• maybe all the stretching or using muscles he doesn't normally use.

Also, maybe he's growing.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I've had pains in my legs since I was 4, extreme in the winter. I'm 23 & STILL docs have no diagnoses. Celebrex helps.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He could be growing, his legs might be trying to get used to the excercise, go to webmd.com and see what you get for results or you could try ask.com which is a better search engine then Google, but in the meantime let him rest and give him children's Advil for the pain also it wouldn't hurt to talk to the coach about this
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• it probably is growing pains with soreness of the muscles.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks for your answers!
    bdflykisses

Comment by bdflykisses (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011