Freedom of Speech

So, FOX is cancelling Glenn Beck's show due to a comment he made about the president (back in the end of 2010).

Wow, if people don't like something you say, your canned. So, where is the freedom of speech?

http://www.comcast.net/video/glenn-beck-s-fox-show-going-off-air/1871099028/Comcast/1870507084/

ItsJustMe1017

Asked by ItsJustMe1017 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The constitution doesn't apply to contracts between individuals and employers.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• So, FOX is cancelling Glenn Beck's show due to a comment he made about the president (back in the end of 2010).

LMAO That is so untrue. expect to see many lefty assumptions and media lies but Beck has been planning this for awhile. There was no firing. He isn't gone, just on to something more important. He will still be working with FOX at times just not having a show.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment by ItsJustMe1017

Okay.

Fox isn't cancelling Beck because of something he said about Obama they are cancelling him because they can't make any money off os his show, even though ratings are good. Adversiters keep pulling out because they don't want thier product to be associated with the crazy shit he says.

I don't care what the video says...what you've posted is equivalent to a YouTube video. Try reading the story on any of the major networks.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Money talks louder.... It comes down to money (advertisers)... If advertisers don't like something and a compromise can't be reached~ a business will do what is best to generate revenue.... Beck will still be contributing to FOX, in other ways, from what I have read... Then add to it Beck's other endeavors and radio show (that pulls in $32 million/year) I think Beck will be just fine....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes, everyone has a right to Freedom of Speech.

HOWEVER

NO ONE has a right to their own TV/Radio show.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Freedom of Speech doesn't mean that I have to invite you into my living room so that you can insult me. Freedom of speech doesn't mean a television station has to give voice to every person who wants one.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• And also, to say it is about his comment said last year is SPECULATION..... I have read 5 different reasons why Beck is leaving..... I am sure there will be 5 more by the end of the day.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Free to say what you want, and THEN man up and accept the consequences...no one intimated that there would not be consequences attached. Like teens who want all the freedoms that adults enjoy, BUT NONE of the responsibilities attached!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It's slowly disappearing, just like the rest of our freedoms.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• So, where is the freedom of speech?

===

THat only protects you from the government, not from the FCC.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011