How can i find it?

husband put a key logger on my computer how do i get it off? husband is very jealous and untrusting..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Well you probably cant. They are usually password protected and the program is hidden most likely in another program or file with a name that looks like it should be there. You CAN however look in your controll panel under install uninstall a program and see which is the last program was installed. Try and uninstalling it there. If he got a free key logger then it will be easy to find and remove. If he bought it you probably cant get it out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I did a little research for you and what I found said that if you reformat your computer it will get rid of any software types of keyloggers. If it is a hardware type it will be plugged into your keyboard or tower. This sounds really bad and if he did this who knows what else he will do.. please stay safe.. By removing it, you may upset him if he's this jealous.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Would restoring the computer to an earlier date make it go away?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• its better then him finding out everything that i or my friends say or do.. should i put a password on my computer so he can't get on? he freaked the last time i had one on
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Wow. You and your husband need to go to therapy to work through your trust issues. There is no way I would let any man impose that kind of monitoring on me. You should seriously think about whether or not you want to be with a guy that controlling.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Your computer that he put a key logger on? If I couldn't find it and remove it myself I would spend the money and take it to someone who could. I would also password protect logging onto my computer.
    The bigger problem is the complete and total lack of trust you both have for one another. BIG RED FLAGS....just sayin.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011