My daughtering accidents all of the sudden

My daughter will be 4 next week and all of the sudden she started ahving accidents again. She has been potty trained for over 2 years and hasnt had accidents forever. Its been like once a day at home but her teacher just called and said she has had two accidents at school today! We are moving in a couple months, Im pregnant and her sister is potty training. Do you think she could be stressed? Jealous? What do I do?

lillysmama2008

Asked by lillysmama2008 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Regression in potty training is often a sign of stress in small children. It is one of the few things in their world they control. You being pregnant, coupled with potty training another child might be seen as no time for her. Lots of reassurances, some special time just for her each day. Do not punish for accidents. When kids feel they aren't getting enough attention...they'll take any attention they can get, even bad attention. Praise for sucess,Take her to the toilet no less than once an hour.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It could be related to some stress and maybe some regression.
    I would also have her looked at by her pediatrician incase she has a UTI or she could be constipated (even if she seems to have regular BM's) it can also cause potty accidents.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• It really could be stress. I'd just ask her more often if she needs to go potty and take her making sure she at least tries.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011