What happens when the amniotic sac burst in early stages of pregnancy?

verla123

Asked by verla123 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You miscarry.
    Anonymous

• My water broke at 28 weeks. You will eventually develop an infection. I would not allow meself to be induced untill I developed a fever, indication infection. The cons of having a severely premature baby just did not outweigh the pros or wating. You will continue to leak amnio fluid untill you deliver Make sure it doesn't smell funky and isn't brown or green. Pale yellow is okay. I was givin something to keep myself from contracting and then giving pitocin when I finally developed a fever (33 weeks) Also, ask for the steriod shot that helps develop the lungs more. My daughter had no health problems. Good luck and PM me if you need any advice on anything, including nursing a preemie/pumping and the NICU.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• She said early pregnancy so I am thinking first or second trimester? You would in fact probably lose the baby if it was an early stage pregnancy. My dh had a son before me he was born at 27 weeks because his exs water broke. They kept her in the hosp but she eventually went into full blown labor they couldnt stop. They saved the baby but he died a week later due to meningitus.

Answer by gemgem at 2:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• How early are you talking? Before 20 wks, it is very unlikely they will be able to save the baby. Even at 20-28 wks, they risks are still very high. Did your water burst? Maybe you should go to the hospital.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My Hubby was born at 26 weeks, 25 years ago and he's healthy! Just wanted to throw that in there....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I would get to the hospital asap
    vroberts3677

Answer by vroberts3677 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• you poor girl. I will pray for you and your little one. I knwo how it feels to loose a baby during pregnancy. I hope this is not the case but just in case you cna IM me anytime.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008