How often do you or your husand tell each other you are "done"?

Like when you fight is one of you always "done" with the other. Do you say you can't handle the other person anymore? I have serious trust issues with my husband and never believe a word he says. This obviously annoys the crap out of him so is is frequently "done" with me. Of course by the time he gets home from work he has forgotten that he's done.
He's in therapy for his lying issues but that doesn't erase my feelings of mistrust and resentment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Not anymore.  And the more he says it, I believe, the more you will distrust him.  It's like being abandoned every time he says it.  Then after a while, it doesn't matter anymore and it starts being "FINE be DONE already"! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Never once in 32 years. We have more respect for one another than that. Yes, we have had angry conversations but personal attacks are never okay.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We have never said that and we have been together 11 years. I met him when I was 16.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I may tell I am done with certain situations and then let it go...you can not hold onto it or he will feel he cant be honest
    Anonymous

• If you can't trust him what is there to salvage? It is close to impossible to trust someone who has already destroyed it once. I am NOT an advocate for divorce...but there are times, like this , when it's the only choice really. Do not stay with someone who emotionally beats you up constantly. It is worse than being struck physically. Bruises heal and fade away. Words hurt for a lifetime.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Never. Maybe around 10 years ago we said things like that, but now we both know we are in this until the end.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• everytime we fight one of us is done. not that we ever actually call it quits its just that sometimes people in relationships say things they really dont mean its ust when ur ith someone all the tim they tend to get under ur skin
    lorrick26

Answer by lorrick26 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I always say to myself dont be with someone u can live with....be with someone u cant live without. SOme people do change but only if they want to change. Only u know if he does. U may have to ask urself if this is how u want to live the rest of ur life and if its all worth fighting for. I hope it all works out for the best. Just remember things do happen for a reason. Goodluck to you!
    Kelli13

Answer by Kelli13 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We trust each other. I have had trust issues with him in the past, but not because of his behavior. I have had a lot of hurtful friendships/relationships in my past and it has taken then entire 3 1/2 years we've been married, plus our entire engagement for me to start fully trusting him. He has never given me reason to doubt, but if he did, i admit it would be hard to get over it. I'm usually the one who says that I'm "done" with the argument or with whatever and he gets upset with me. If we need to talk about it, then he makes me talk, which I hate, but our relationship is better for it.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I say "I can't do/handle this anymore" but I avoid saying "I'm done" because I know I'm not DONE or else I would have left by now.
    Anonymous