Sharpy on my walls how do i get it off.

we have a military house check tomorrow since we recently moved to a new house. less then 10 mins ago my 2 year old while i was in the living room picking up toys got the shapy from my desk and found him self a nice set of walls. we are on a budget and i have no money for paint and there are no mr clean magic eraser in the house. we have all services cleaner, dish soap, hand soap, shampoo, and all the normal house hold soaps, any one got any ways to get it off my white walls?

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 2:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• magic clean eraser. live on post oo and i bought shit my pants when my son took a permanent marker to the wall and recently the cabinet but magic clean eraer took it right off :)
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ...I have something from my store that works...but you can use vinegar too
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 2:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• hair spray works on counters, but not so sure about the wall :(
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would try vinegar, clorox, or go to the store for magic eraser

If all fails...do you have some friends close by...maybe they have a spare can of paint? Just a thought...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Toothpaste! Or aerosol sunscreen or hairspray! Use an old toothbrush and scrub it. I promise it works!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I was going to say a Magic Eraser....Try the dish soap though.
    I haven't tried this but found it, spraying Bath and Body Works Body Splash on a cotton ball and gently rubbing the mark will remove it with ease. Just be careful, because too much rubbing may remove the paint as well.
    rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. Don't rub too hard and it should come off
    Hand sanitizer, toothpaste, a regular eraser.

Good luck!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Quick - tape a picture your son made over the spot. Deal with it later.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• MY DS got up in the middle of the night when he was 3 and somehow the noisiest kid in the world managed to write on almost every wall and floor, and furniture in our house,,,,I tried everything, the magic erase worked on the TV, but we ended up having to paint most of the wall, I know not the answer your looking for,, but even after scrubbing,,you could still see it,, so sorry,, did you tape it? LOL? I probably could have won America's funniest vidieos but was just to stunned to think about it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders!!!!!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 2:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• magic eraser!! or vinegar
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011