Birthday party theme ideas for preschoolers?

My family and I have been doing the birthday party hop for the last few months. Many cute themes. One of the cutest was for a little boy (3) who's birthday was the weekend before Fat Tuesday, so the party was a G-Rated Mardi Gras theme! Costumes were encouraged, there were two clowns who made balloon animals/etc, favors were beads, and the adults were catered to with shrimp, even jambalaya. We haven't had it yet, but we are thinking of doing an astronaut/space theme for my daughter's 4th birthday in December. My husband works in the engineering support field for areospace so maybe we can get some fun ideas/things.

DragonflyGirls

Asked by DragonflyGirls at 2:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• One of the best parties and actually the easiest was my son's 2nd b-day. The theme was a messy party. All the kids were told to wear clothes that could get dirty.
    We had finger painting and playdough for activities. The cake was actually brownies and ice cream sundaes that the kids got to make themselves (this was messier than the painting!). And the loot bags were the cloth mittens in fun animal shapes filled with bath toys and bubble bath.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We just had our 4 year old son's birthday at the Bounce house and did Toy Story themed decorations, cup cakes, and goodie bags :)
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Where doing thomas and cars
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 2:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• we have done sesame street, spiderman, cars, Nemo and next is scooby doo.
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 2:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We've done Curious George.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I've done Disney Princess, Dora, Wall-E, Spongebob, and this year- Minnie and Mickey.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2011

• We did spongebob theme
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011