How do i cope with 2 toddlers?

i have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and they are both boys and very hyper. i cant take them ne where and i dont have ne friends because im embaressed how they will act in other peoples home. what should i do?

lorrick26

Asked by lorrick26 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• Laugh.  Laugh like it's nobodys freaking business.  And find friends who won't mind if your children aren't perfect angels. Bask in the craziness that IS having kids.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would keep them active. Parks, play grounds, hiking, walking, bikes, perhaps a toddler sports class, toddler karate, etc.

Anonymous

• Hmmm.....my oldest gave me those problems. Just try to form a dicipline plan that you stick to no matter what so they know the consequences for not obeying you. (that will be REAL hard, the hardest part....took me 2 years bc i wouldn't be consistent and the one in charge...it's so easy to say fine- you win) then try taking them out of the house a little more. the second part is to try not to get too embarrassed about their behavior when your out. take a deep breath and smile at your friend - after all kids have minds of their own there is a lot about them (the hyperness) that you can't change. just try to embrace it mama! Lord it's hard.....still working on it. Hope this helps that was a long answer! lol
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 2:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Duct tape and bubble wrap come to mind... **grin**

True friends won't care how the kids behave as long as they're not breaking the crockery or shaving the cat.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I've come to learn hyper is okay just as long as they aren't hurting anything or anyone its fine :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Duct tape and bubble wrap come to mind... **grin** True friends won't care how the kids behave as long as they're not breaking the crockery or shaving the cat.

Answer by gdiamante

clapping

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The more you take them places and teach them how they supposed to behave the better they will be outside your home. Go for walks, to the park, playgroups, story time, etc. When they act up you leave and stick with it. Be consistant. They will hopefully learn. If you keep them at home all the time, they do not know how to behave outside of home.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my two boys, who are 19 mos apart and are now 15 and 16 were quite the handful at that age and I had my daughter before my youngest son turned 3, so I know how you feel. The only advice I can offer is do your best to keep them busy...Idle hands are the devils play...and boy are they...especially at that age! Lots of parks, play dough, baking, crafts, drawing, ect....good luck, honey and just keep in mind that they will grow and change and it will get better! Also look into any kind of free parents as teachers kind of stuff. They set up lots of free fun stuff to do with the kids and it helps you find support, as well...
    ;o)
    momto4lilangels

Answer by momto4lilangels at 7:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011