Job hunting mommas?

Is anyone else looking for a job currently? I am.. UGH the job market sucks around where I live!! There is absolutely nothing available!! How is the job market where you live?? How is your search going?

MissLoveLyfe

Asked by MissLoveLyfe at 2:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• The job market sucks but I have been looking to work from home. This is annoying and frustrating also. You have to find something legit that your interested in. Bllaaahhhhh!! Basically working from home or not, the situation is annoying, frustrating and nearly impossible! Can you tell I'm not in the best of moods lol..
    LovinMySon84

Answer by LovinMySon84 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I'm not looking for a job. There are many summer minimum wage jobs available, but nothing if you actually plan to make a dent in expenses. Of course the local police department is hiring - complete with flashing street sign where traffic piles up.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The jobs around here are taken unless I drive 30 miles one way to the next town but with gas being almost 4 bucks a gallon and the wages I would get paid it wouldn't be worth it. you could try your school district they are usually hiring non licensed positions, like lunch ladies or teachers aides
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 5:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i live in utah and nope the job search is hopeless nobody worth working for is hiring and I live 30 minutes from town with gas prices the way they are i'd spend more than i was making
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• How are you conducting your job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; you need to network with people in the field and industry you wish to work in. Have you had any informational interviews with people in your chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How are you searching for advertised positions? Do you have a great resume and do you send it out with strong cover letters?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011