You ready for the school year to be over?

Not going into details. Just saying this been a rough school year for one of my kids. Not so pleasant teacher makes for a rough year. Today has been awful. Spent good amount of the day at the school. Going to slip into a hot bubble bath later to relax.

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Shockingly, yes. While my kids drive me up the wall on days they are home, I'm tired of feeling like I live in my van, LOL. Its been one crazy school year!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Not really, this summer is going to be hectic and I am not really looking forward to it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No, I'm looking forward to Summer, but not being home all day with them. We have a pool, a trampoline, a wii,dirt bikes, and a family computer, and they all still get bored. Two of them also have baseball soon but it's still not enough to keep them busy, or happy.... I'm planning on making a big chore board for them, if they do everything like they should then they will get rewarded once a week with a trip to the dirt bike track, local water park, or something they pick... I'm hoping it will be incentive to keep their rooms clean, and help around the house inside and out. Either way they will do chores, but if I get attitude about it, then they will be really bored! lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Really, I prefer the school year myself, then we don't have the neighborhood kids here bugging us when we are trying to work since we homeschool year round. It drives me crazy how so many working moms just assume I want to watch their kids all day long since I'm "really not all that busy" in their minds.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I am not quite ready but am gearing up for the end. I think we have seven weeks left after this week. At least at my son's private school. My husband and I both work and have we have always had a private nanny over the summer. This summer we are going to participate in the summer day camp program my son's school offers. We will see. I'm nervous about it but I am also scheduling time to be spent with family for him to visit. He is used to spending a week with grandma and grandpa and loves it. I also work only three days a week so two days he will not be at camp or at least half days only if there is something special he really doesn't want to miss. They break the camp into semesters. So one is science based and one is art based after that. And we plan our summer trips for us as a family. But I also am not looking forward to him backtracking what he has just learned. So we may also hire a tutor to help with reading.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2011