How did your boyfriend propose to you?

kaysmomma121110

Asked by kaysmomma121110 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• At our daughter's first birthday, it was the best moment of my life.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He didn't. My mother wanted us to get married. I didn't want my mom to have any say over my medical choices during labor. So we sat down and decided together.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My husband asked me to marry him in a fire tower atop a mountain. I loved it and I still like to tell the story :) I am afraid of heights and he had seemed to have forgotten this fact while making me climb up many stairs in the tower until I refused to go any further. I would not even stand up straight because I was so scared - basically cowarding at his waist. lol. Then..... he asked me to marry him! I cracked up laughing -- too much adrenaline from being popped the question and naturally being scared of heights. Had to say yes or else I would have been stuck up there (!) no way I was going down by myself, lol :o) (I would have said yes anywhere though :) )
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 3:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I walked in the door to our apt and he was down on one knee right where I walked in. It was on Valentine's Day of this year. :) He tried to do it the weekend before and have my parents there but I made plans to eat with a friend. And then he was going to do it at our fave thai place on V-day but I wanted to go somewhere else for dinner so he just said screw it and did it at home when i got off of work. Lol I kept ruining his plans! :)
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Late at night, next to a pond...while I was doped up on cold meds! (I had bronchitis, and dr told me to take Sudafed...I had taken it around noon, no idea why I was still so friggin drowsy at 9pm!)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• And the week before he had led me to believe we wouldn't be getting married/engaged anytime soon so I was completely shocked! I kept saying omg are you serious? Really? Really? Lol FINALLY I was like oh yeah, yes! haha

CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He didn't, I proposed to him. And he said yes. Lucky bastard lol
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He didn't. I went a bought myself a ring and started planning a wedding. I'm probably the least romantic person on the planet and i was tired of waiting. We'd already been together for 6 years when we got married so i don't think i was over stepping my bounds.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• he called me over the phone lol
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 3:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He didn't. Our son was about 6 months old and his church told him either marry the girl, move out, or we kick you out of the church. We got married and he still got kicked out.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011