At what age...

will/did you let your DD shave her legs?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter, was getting pretty hairy at 11, so we started shaving legs...she was already shaving her underarms, so it wasnt that big of a deal, but we wanted to "put it off" as long as possible, cuz it really isnt any fun. But she is 12 now and no problems. she doesnt shave them very often, cuz her hair doesnt really grow too fast and its still pretty light colored...
    momto4lilangels

Answer by momto4lilangels at 7:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think it has to be when the legs need to be de-haired. That was young for me, because I had a lot of hair and it was dark. It was later for my daughter who was a blonde and was not hairy like her mom. I would just keep a watch and when you think it's noticeable enough to be embarrassing, give the go ahead.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My oldest asked when she was about in 4th grade... told me she was embarassed so I let her nair it. She didnt ask again until about the middle of 6th grade and I allowed her to start then.

I dont think there is a set age... some girls are just hairier than others and some girls dont get as embarassed as others.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have a boy but I shaved when I was in 6th grade!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Probably around 12 or 13. I think it really depends on the child and how mature she is with handling a razor.
    amysaves

Answer by amysaves at 3:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think I will let her decide when she is ready...I think I was about 12 when I asked my mom to let me shave my legs...she showed me how to do it without making myself bleed to death lol and when Kelley is ready I will do the same for her, but I won't keep her from doing it and I won't push her to do it...=)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I would wait untill she is at least 10 or 11 dependeng on how she has developed and if you feel she is ready!
    wpmommy0104

Answer by wpmommy0104 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• When she wants to. I was 11. It really bothered me. If it bothers her she can do it too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My daughter is in 4th grade and has asked me. I told her when she turned 10, which will be this summer.

Answer by missanc at 3:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• when she wants to, any age where she feels that she needs to and can maintain it correctly. it doesnt hurt anything or cost much.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011