Ideas for a 4 year olds pirate party?

My son will be four in June and wants a pirate party. We will probably do an inside and outside party. Food inside, because it will be too hot outside. We will probably have a slip n slide and inflatable slide and kiddie pool outside.

I want to get a pirate cake, but am unsure about other decorations. I have looked online and would just like some opinions.

What would you do for decorations an party favors?

cassey.e

Asked by cassey.e at 3:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• eye patches and plastic swords. You could do a treasure hunt.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well you need some burried treasure.

If you have a sandbox you could do a game where you bury fake coins & jewels for the kids to find.

Party favors could be those chocolate gold coins.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes...eye patches...fake beards...peg-legs...parrots & skull and cross bones flags.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I made a treasure chest for my ds' 3rd birthday. I put the cake mix in a bread loaf pan and it made a really good shape, then I was able to decorate it with ring pops, and candy necklaces, I couldnt find chocolate "gold" coins so I had to use plastic coins, then for food I made mediteranean jerk chicken, using only legs so the kids could hold the legs with their fingers like pirate, root "beer", pirates of the caribbean was on in the back ground. And I bought pirate themed decorations. I was also able to find a big box for one of those big toy trucks kids ride around in, and cut it in the shape of a pirate ship, and made cardboard swords (wasnt going to tempt the kiddos with plastic) It was very fun.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• OMG that sounds super FUN!!!!!! try looking at iparty and party city to get ideas HOWEVER i wouldnt buy from there too expensive maybe walmart :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I hope the kiddie pool will be supervised at all times.....

How about a pirate treasure hunt?

party favors - gold chocolate coins, eye patches, fake jeweled rings, maybe foam swords (target used to have them for a buck)

decor? not sure about that one
    Anonymous

• You could "Walk the plank" at the pool, whoever does it gets a prize,, lol,, I would think it would be cute if you wore a pretend parrot on your shoulder! All my other ideas have been posted, sounds like fun!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• WOW THAT sounds super fun!!!

pirate eye patches :)
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 4:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my 4 year old daughter wanted a pirate party for her last birthday. Party city has the decorations and after i bought the decorations there I found them at the dollar tree. We also hired a pirate to come to the party and got my daughter a pirate outfit to wear. For the goodie bags i used pirate themed stuff that I found at the dollar tree.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My son had a pirate party one year and it was a blast. I can't remember what the decorations were but we had some really cute activities. We did a pin the tail on the donkey type game. I drew a treasure map on a large piece of paper and each child was given a chest that they were to pin on as close to the X as possible. Then we had 2 saw horses that we put a board on and stuffed alligators underneath and the kids all took turns walking the plank. I had prepared some craft foam into sword cutouts and the kids decorated them with jewls and such. It was a great party!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 10, 2011