When do you clean the pots and pans?

I was taught that the mixing dishes should be cleaned while the items were in the oven or on the stove.
That the pots, pans, and baking dishes used to cook the meal should be soaking while every one is at the table, making clean up much easier when the meal is over.

But reading some of these posts.... Im wondering if this is not the norm for most people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I may just do what you said from now on! Sounds much easier than letting it all pile in the sink until I do the dishes for the day!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I usually clean whatever dishes acummulated throughout the day before I start cooking, try to keep it as tidey as I can while I'm cooking. But I am guilty of leaving a pot to soak overnight cause I just don't feel like dealing with it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Not the norm for me. I just do all the dishes at once regardless of what needs to be done - pots/pans/dishes/cups, whatever. If it can go into the dishwasher, it does. What is done in the sink, I do in order of least dirty first to most dirty last :o) You are very very organized in how you do it!! I'm not that good :o)
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 3:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• That sounds about right to me.

Mixing/prep stuff gets rinsed and put in dishwasher before we sit down to eat & pots and pans soak while we eat.

I'm a bad girl though...i put my pots and pans in the dishwasher. They are stainless so i don't think it hurts anything but i don't think you're supposed to.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I try to clean as I go. Sometimes I do the pots the next morning.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i do that all of the time- it does make it much easier:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• When I feel like it, and/or get around to it. Sometimes that night, sometimes the next day.
    Anonymous

• I do exactly what you post lol. After the meal is over, I'll go glasses first to pots last.. I just don't want any greasy stuff on my stainless steal stuff or glassware.
    Reirn

Answer by Reirn at 3:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• A lot of times I leave the food in the pans for us to "scoop out" for dinner so I sure as heck can't soak them until after dinner is over.
    Anonymous

• I run them in the dishwasher when we are all done with dinner.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011