If you were having problems and suggested couples counseling to your SO (MARRIED or NOT) what would he say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• We were having problems before we even got married and he was actually the one who suggested counseling! If I brought it up again, he'd definitely be open to the idea as it helped tremendously the last time.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We we're having problems a while back and I did suggest counseling, and he said ok make an appt. And everytime it was ME making the appt, and I felt like if he cared why couldn't he ever make the appt or find the Dr.? But things are waaayy better now :) It is so true when people say the 1st five years are the hardest :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My husband would say no. It is sad, because I am A Marriage and Family Therapist!! He would feel like the therapist and I would collude. Sad statement, I know.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My EX husband said He** No! my current and wonderful husband has asked if we could go because he didn't like fighting and wanted to communicate better. it was so awesome and helpful
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My husband probably wouldn't even debate with me he would just say "If thats what you think we need to do, then I'll go" He pretty much says that anytime I ask him for something.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We have had Issues in the past & went to counseling- he was a little hesitant at the beginning but, looked forward to going after a few times-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My husband probably would say No also - he has something against "Distributing our personal Garbage to a total stranger"
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• We have gone but we both hated the therapist so it wasn't really helpful.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2011