When do babies typically start sleeping trough out the night?

My son is almost 6 months and he will sleep for 8-10 hrs during the night but ALWAYS wakes up 2-3 times for a bottle, but he falls right back asleep. This is so annoying though, so when/how can I get him to sleep without waking up for a bottle?

prettyNpink0769

Asked by prettyNpink0769 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he is still to young to wean of those night feeds. i weaned my son of the night feed around 8 or 9 months. and just so you know my little guy didn't start sleeping through the night until around the 1 year mark. i think he was probably 11 months and he still wakes up once a night every few nights. honestly you just get used to it. and if you have a so make him get up in the night.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 2:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My son didn't sleep through the night until he was 15 months old.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Does he actually eat, or just want to suck? If he's really hungry, then it's probably not a good idea to try to force him out of it. If he's not eating much, then try giving him a pacifier instead. It worked for my son, when he was waking up and eating not even an ounce before going back to sleep.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my daughter started sleeping throught he night at around 5-6 months old, she was really into solids at that point where she didnt ever want bottles. She loved her solids before bed, thats what helped her sleep through the night...have you started the solids yet?
    Anonymous

• As annoying as it can be ( I have a 3 month old and a 4 year old) I realized that they are only small once, and by realizing that I am able to kind of relax and enjoy feeding my son (I BF) at night. Just think about it, it's quiet, and dark and you don't have to say anything....this too shall pass and then he will be running around and you will have something else to worry about! LOL
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Depends on the baby. My youngest is 21 months and won't sleep through the night. My first was 3 weeks old. My 3rd was 2 months old.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• WOW my son was 4 weeks old and been sleeping ever since. He might wake up once every so often but we just put the binky in his mouth and he'll dose right back to sleep... have you tried that yet??
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• by the way my son isnow 8months old
    krazyash023

• What OMG... He is so not too young to not feed during the night. Feed smaller amts when he wakes up, smaller and smaller, and eventually he wont wake up. Also you can try not feeding when he wakes up (obviously if he is hungry he will let you know). Try soothing him back to sleep first. He should be sleeping through night feedings at this point... he should also be starting stage 1 foods, and that should help with the hunger thing... Good luck...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• DD is 4 months old and has been sleeping thru the night since 2 1/2 months. Your baby is old enough to not eat at night, but some kids just aren't ready to give up that nighttime feeding. You can try giving solids at night and/or adding cereal to the bottle (if your not BFing obviously) If you are BFing you may try pumping and adding some cereal, it may fill his little belly better and allow him to sleep longer. If he's really hungry.. keep up the night feedings. If he drinks like 2 oz then he probably just wants to suck and maybe you might try a pacifier?? Don't know how you feel about that one. Try a few things and see what happens. But like I was always told even before havin kids.. just remember that you'll have a lifetime to catch up on your sleep, but you'll never have THIS night to spend with your baby again.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2008