Polygamy

What are your views on it? Do you feel if all are happy with the "family", they should have the right to live that way?

Just looking for opinions on it since I was skimming threw channels and came across the show "Sister Wives"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would not share my husband with any other woman. I think the plan of one man and one woman for life is a very good one and should not be messed with.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I watch sister wives and i'm not sure how i feel about it. park of me says whatever floats your boat and it should not be a problem to anyone else. But on the other side I think if it were more accepted it would change society in a way. So i'm on both sides.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• But I certainly would not be sharing my husband.. Two husbands wouldn't be bad though :-)
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Not a lifestyle I would have. But those that practice polygamy make their own choices.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Two husbands would probably get more home improvement done on my house!! Not a bad idea;-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think to each their own,,,it doesn't bother me in the case of Sister Wives, but honestly some of the "compounds" you read about ykes,, I was thinking I would like another wife today to do the laundry, mop the floor, and make some dinner so I can read a book,, LOL! I wouldn't want one really, but they do seem to be pretty well adjusted and okay, but I wouldn't pick him for sure,, LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think I like having one man... But it's not for me or anyone to judge if another women wants to share.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• So, I used to be adamantly against it. I would argue with people about it . .. saying that it was abusive on the man's part, etc., etc.

Then, I watched sister wives. While I find Cody a little wishy-washy, I like the wives, and I can see how a community helps them with extra support.

I have changed my views. I think if everyone is truly happy with that, we should leave them be.

It wouldn't be for me, though. I don't like my husband getting affection from anyone but me.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I say if they are happy (and they willingly made the choice to live that way), let them live that way! They look very happy on the show.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I have kind of a joke to go along with this....

The five keys to a succesfull relationship:

1. Having a man that treats you with respect
    2. Having a man that meets your "needs."
    3. Having a man you accepts you for you.
    4. Having a man that is handy around the house.
    5. It is important none of these men know about each other :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011