What kind of kids potty should I get for my 17 month old? adult content

She tells me when she has to poop, she had to poop in the bath and i took her out and put a diaper on, proceeded to take a shower and came out, her diaper was off and she pooped on the floor, uh ok. potty time. We have one rather small bathroom, I was thinking a connecting one for our toilet, but I don't want her to fall. I don't think we're full on potty training but if she tells me she has to poop, why not put her on a potty? Advice please, this is way new to me.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you or her are worried about falling in you can have her sit on the regular toilet seat backwards and hold onto the lid. If you don't have the room I would def go for the one that attaches to your toilet though.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The problem with a potty insert for the toilet is that a 2-year-old will have difficulty getting to it herself. When shopping for a potty, look for a stable base that doesn't flip over easily, and a bowl that lifts up to empty it, rather than a drawer-style bowl (you don't want to think about the mess that can make when you jostle it too much!)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my mother got a potty for my son for christmas last year. i love in a very small apartment and the bathroom is very small. the potty is really cool it is one that goes on the floor so he can get to it himself,the "bowl" that he sits on comes out so u can just dump everything into the toilet( the only down side is u hav to wash it whenever they use it). but it has a lid so it doubles and a step stool when they're a little older so they can wash their hands or brush their teeth. also theres and part that he sits on that comes off the base and u can attach it to the toilet at the older next stage of toilet training.and storage, i hav it under my sink in the cabinet. its also a great stool to sit on when ur giving ur little one a bath. no more back pain or knee pain for me!
    confused1991

Answer by confused1991 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• get him something fun they love that stuff something that sings after hes done do kinda pat him on the back so he gets the hang of things like going potty is great thing not bad you know
    mommy2be867

Answer by mommy2be867 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think it would be best to get a regular potty chair. It doesn't have to be in the bathroom, it can be in the bedroom or the kitchen. Where does your child spend most of their time? You want to have it close by for quick use.
    PattyAlvis

Answer by PattyAlvis at 7:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011