Ho can I find out what tubal lidigation procedure I had done in 2007?

I am trying to find out if I have a good chance for a tubal reversal. My physcian left state and never transfered my records that I wanted before she left state. My husband and I would love to have a baby, but don't want to do ivf, due to the fact that it cost your first born to do. and it is not gaurenteed :( Any advice on what to do to find out if my tubes are viable? Thanks ladies!!!

thundercat11

Asked by thundercat11 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• They should have told you how they were tying your tubes before the surgery. Did you have tubal implants in? And remember, tubal ligations are considered permanent, so they aren't very successful after being reversed.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If your doctor worked in a group or for a specific hospital, contact their medical records department to see if they still have the files or where the transferred them. Also, if you haven't already, check with your primary care physician, they should get copies of any records from any of your specialists.
    kariskeith

Answer by kariskeith at 4:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Call the hospital where it was done request your records from the surgery. We did this for my mom...took about 2 weeks after she signed the request form.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Could you contact the hospital or doctor's office that did the surgery? They should have medical records.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• It should be in your medical charts.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2011