Medication, 16 month old baby... A little help moms

Okay so dd is sick AGAIN. Thank you weird texas weather. Earlier this week it dropped down to 40 and then skyrocketed back to 85 the next day.

Everytime that happens, without fail, DD gets sick.
The last few times that happened her doc told me to give her 1/4ml (.25) of the cold and cough medicine her brothers take. They take Childrens Dimetapp Cough and Cold.

Well I didn't give it to her. I just ran her humidifier like crazy. Well this time the congestion is pretty bad and her little eyes are all wet. I called her doc again and he said the same thing. To give her that amount of the boys medicine.

Well my question to you ladies is, Has your doc ever told you this? Did you do it? Did help any?

Thanks for any feedback

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 3:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Yes, I've given my kids cold medicine, it helps.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my dd is almost three and the only cough and cold medication i have ever given her is a prescription that the soctor gave her.
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Are you sure its a cold and not an allergy of some sort? My doctor has never recommended an OTC for my son yet, although we haven't needed to see the doctor for some time now.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• NO!Both of my children have severe allergies but our dr always says not to do that.He did eventually prescribe them both cingulair for allergies though maybe you should go that route
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Last night I took her in he said he'd check for allergies. I talked to the nurse and she said as far as they know DD has no allergies.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• *sorry night is supposed to be TIME
    4xsthetrouble

• well medction is not that great but we have to take them well take cuogh medations and it will go away fast well this is all goodby
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 11, 2011