Has anyone worked at a hotel and had to do this if not i would still like your opinion

My boss texted me this morning and asked me why i didnt do everything i was supposed to do well my schedule was 5pm to 9pm and she told me that i couldnt stay too much over my time well i had to iron and fold almost 200 pillow cases wash dry and fold towels and clean 4 rooms i know i am not superwoman but can anybody do this amount of work in 4 hours maybe im crazy but i did what i could do in the amount of time i had i juat want some opions ladies thanks

MrsWalker2011

Asked by MrsWalker2011 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• wow,that's crazy! I worked in housekeeping and that's a crazy amount of work for 4 hrs!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Why in the world would you iron the pillow cases? If they are folded right out of the dryer they don't need to be ironed. I think that would cut down a huge amount of your work load. Even cutting out the ironing I would think it would be a really full 4 hours.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Obviously you need to talk with your boss about what kind of productivity is expected at the job. Are other members of the housekeeping staff able to perform those duties within a 4 hour time frame? Is it reasonable? If not, then you need to let your boss know that to complete the tasks will require more time and then find out if she wants you to A) stay over your shift to complete the duties or B) Clock out at the end of your shift even if the duties are not finished.
    Or you can figure out how to iron faster.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yes it is a lot of work and im always in the back by myself and the managers don't really ask if u need help they just look at you but it is a lot to do in a short period of time
    MrsWalker2011

Comment by MrsWalker2011 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I asked her for more time but she said it doesnt work like that you can only iron so many at one time plus clean the rooms spotless its not possible
    MrsWalker2011

Comment by MrsWalker2011 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• What's the turnover been in this job, I wonder? It's quite possible that this is just NOT something *anyone* can do. Have you been there long? Have you always had to do this much or are they throwing something new at you? Because impossible new challenges are a way to fire someone.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i haven't been there a month yet
    MrsWalker2011

Comment by MrsWalker2011 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• No .As bad as I need a job i would have to tell him kiss it
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• thats what i feel like doin tellin her to kiss it
    MrsWalker2011

Comment by MrsWalker2011 (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2011