I got a situation and need help

So I got an offer back at my old job. I want to take it cause I am beyond broke.
Problems:
1. I do not have childcare...I don't have a friend that could watch him and I don't have enough start up cash to take him to a daycare.

2. Transportation...I don't have a car yet and this job requires travel. When I worked here before I didn't have my own car. Either co workers would give me a ride, i could take a bus, or sometimes friends would lend me their car.

FYI: The job is not full time but if it was like last time I make a nice amount of pocket money so it's good.

I'm confused by my situation cause I want to work but don't have a lot of help. Advice...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Can you talk to your boss about the transportation and childcare issue? Maybe they can help you out with that.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes on the transportation part but not so much on the childcare.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• can you look for some kind of goverment assistance with childcare?
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Call around for some rates @ daycares. Tell them your situation, they may work with you. I did that and it worked for me. They let me pay them back with my first paycheck.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yes and NO....I have already been through that process and it hasn't worked for me. I recently tried it and my worker just IDK. The year before I used it and the percent that it actually covered helped but not really. My grand total was over $1,500 and it only covered $200. I have heard of some girls that use it and they pay $15 out of pocket but I haven't found a place like that. I live on a university campus and most people are eithe international students or never been involved with the system and by time they get approved I woulda paid full price anyway. So it is not worth it for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• @Musicmom that is what I was going to do....if not a daycare a person and sign a promissary note so they know I am not bs0ing them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yeah, I've been in your shoes before. You'd be suprised, if you just call and call until you find the right person, you'll figure it out! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• They have government programs that pay childcare expenses when you can't.Just go to your hometown place where you apply for foodstamps and they can help you . i had to do it once and it helped so much.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• @Brandy I am assuming you did not read what I wrote in the comment section :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2011