What to do about medical insurence?

I can't get on insurence through the government, cause my ex, I don't want to allow him any rights with my son cause he wont get off drugs or hold a job and if I get on state or gov assistance they requier child support and all that witch makes it easyer for him to ause problems, well i went in to get a hospital discount and they aid they cant give it to me unless i aply for tanf and then I can get the hospital insurense. Well tanf is gov assistance and now I am screwed again and dont know hat to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• You still need to get Govt. insurance. You don't really have a choice. All you have to give them is your Ex's name, you don't have to tell them where he is, and if he's on drugs and such, then he won't have visitation, and you can file abandonment. They will go after him, you do't have to do anything, and if he doesn't pay, he goes to jail. But just because he pays child support doesn't mean that he will get visitation rights, those can be fought
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You DONT have to persue child support if you are on state insurance. If you think it will cause problems (He will harm u or the child etc) then they wont.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ok sounds to me like you need to speak with a lawyer, file for sole custody so the loser ex cant get the child,sue for child support...he needs to pay for his child regardless.....and get some damn insurance....there is no reason for you not to have health insurance,if the medicaid type is all you can get or afford than so be it...
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 4:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i agree, talk to a lawyer... needing assistance in no way (for insurance that is) should allow your ex to have your son... while in my opinion, NOT having insurance is a reason for them to wonder
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yikes you could always mail me I own a medical tourism Comapny and our Board Certified Surgeons usually charge less than your deductible in the states : ) nora@qualitycaremexico.com
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2011