Is it the holidays or what?!

but it seems to me people out an about at this time are just effin rude!!! Is it the rushing around and materialism in overdrive that has got people like this?! Has anyone noticed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I do think it's the pressure and stress of the holidays that makes a lot of people behave like jack-butts this time of year. I know my defenses are more likely to be down, and so I have to make a greater effort to be mindful and kind.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• they ARE - lol we were in the parking lot of target/home depot and they were driving around like crazy people. i let in like 4-5 people over various intersections, and not ONE person waved. some guy was driving like 35-40 thru the parking lot, I could hear his engine thru my rolled up windows! this wasn't even black friday, it was several days before thanksgiving even. my dh is like get used to it, people will be fucked till after Christmas.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Ahh the benefits of a small town where there is nowhere good to be! lol. I haven't noticed any difference. Even when I was out on Black Friday people were still nice here.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• ohhhhh yes.. holidays bring out the best in people. I personally think its the stress of the season, making sure you have the right decorations, presents, cookies, groceries, people coming over and visiting, planning parties and preparing for crowds. People dont handle stress well.. or so I have seen at least. I think materialism plays a big part in the stress of the season, so its a big factor too. I try to make light of the lines at the mall... the impatient clerks... etc.. and you wouldn't believe the looks I get for not being grumpy!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I hate to break it to ya sister but I think people are just rude in general these days. Maybe it is because I live in a neighbor hood that is shall we say past its prime...but it seems like it is all trash out in the stores. I even say a 50 something woman on a scooter in walmart spit right on the floor in the frozen isle...what is the world coming to ?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008