Just wondering how many ladies out there still think alot about an old boyfriend

I find myself thinking about my ex Jeff all the time. I know it is crazy but I often even find myself wishing my husband were more like him.I don't know how to get him out of my system.

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• There is one that still crosses my mind. I was only 15. lol Honestly, I find that when I am thinking of him I'm missing the stage of life, not so much him in particular. It will be when I'm beyond stressed and wishing dh was more helpful and just dying for an hour to myself without tiny children hanging from my ankles. What I wouldn't give to be young and carefree again. At times. LOL
    Anonymous

• Nope .. not me.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Well considering I've been with my husband for 21 years, all my ex boyfriends were from when I was a teenager lol. And yea I still thing about them from time to time, a song will come on that reminds me of them and such. I am still in contact with a couple of them. But in no way do I wish my hubby were like them. I'm perfectly happy with the man I'm with
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I think that a lot of the time it isn't the actual ex boyfriend we are "thinking" about, not who he is today..but who he was when we dated him... I do think about my first love (who incidentally was never my boyfriend) I find if I am having a hard day, he pops in my mind, or if I hear a song, or I think about my dad (he was one of two guys my dad met before he died), I do still love this guy, but I love him for the person he was, the lessons he taught me, and I love him for teaching me that if someone couldn't accept me for who I am, then they didn't need to be in my life....he made a difference in my life so much so that I named my first born after him...I don't want to ever meet back up with him...I'm happy where I am, I am happy with the memories...I wouldn't want something to ruin it, like if he isn't the man today he was back then..I am happy with my life today and those who are in it.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Sometimes when I see something that reminds me of him I do. I sometimes think what if but I know that despite the good times we shared that he wasn't good for me in the long run. He has a drinking problem and I just couldn't take it anymore. I think that I'm better without him but sometimes I do catch myself going back to a certain memory when we were happy.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I really only think of my first love. When I do, it is with thanks and appreciation that I loved him so selflessly, so openly, so innocently. Young love is a treasure because you aren't yet jaded by life. When you love at a young age, it is the honest and whole love that your parents have taught you. I appreciate that and remember that about my ex.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my ex looked me up on facebook...I told him to take a hike...I'm happily married now & I want to only think of my dh not some guy in the past
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011