What s worse contraction or the giving birth ? adult content

im pregnant and are intrested in knowing

mommy2be867

Asked by mommy2be867 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The contractions hurt like hell. The birth was better for me, for DS came out in one big push.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The contractions were terrible but I ended up getting a c-section..
    LovinMySon84

Answer by LovinMySon84 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Depends, I had epidurals with both kids, but giving birth to my first hurt like hell, even with the epi. The contractions were horrible with my second (before epi) and her birth was easy breazy, no pain at all
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• With my first the giving birth part was the worst.. with my 2nd and 3rd it was the contractions because they both came in one push!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• ive only felt contractions with my last ! i was induced with the other. i had epidurals with all 3 kids..the epidural failed with my first one soo labor hurt like hell. the contractions i had werent near as bad.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• contractions for sure. the baby coming out was such a relief. i had no pain meds. maybe tmi, but it was the kind of relief you get from a big poo. and the placenta felt like a water balloon coming out.
    KittyNat

Answer by KittyNat at 4:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I didn't have an epidural with either of my boys. I had pitocin which makes contractions even more difficult to handle, but for me, once I reached 6 cm, the contractions were the worst! Once I was able to push, it was actually pleasurable! I had the urge to push with both of my boys, so being able to do what my body was telling me to do was soooo comforting! Even pushing the baby out wasn't bad. I didn't rush the pushing, just listened to my body and did it on my own time...
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• thank you all!!!!!!! you helped by putting my mind at somewhat ease
    mommy2be867

Comment by mommy2be867 (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• The contractions, the moment of the baby finally coming out was a relief and I was anxious for both of my kids that I didn't really feel much pain while I was pushing. I had no pain medication either so the contractions were a killer.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Do you plan on getting pain meds or no?  I've heard a lot that the worst pain after getting pain meds is the pushing.  I've had 3 natural births and my personal experience is that the first one, I was too scared to really focus on the pain.  I just did what I was told.  Mentally I had no idea what I was in for so I think it made it better.  My 2nd had a huge belly and that was the worst part.  My 3rd was the contractions.  The contractions had worn me out and I felt like I couldn't really give a good push.  That didn't last though.  :)  Your labor and your reaction to it will be different, all of our experiences are.  Yours will be unique and your own.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011