How helpful is your Husb or S/O in the day-to-day stuff?

I'm talking getting the kids ready for school, dropping them off at school, taking them to softball practice, helping them w/ homework, etc- or is that all left up to you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• He is as helpful as I "make" him be. It is like he is incapable of noticing that something needs done if I am there. When he is watching the kids while I'm out, he can magically see what needs done...but if I am home, it is like he goes dumb.

Until I started my leave, I would wake him up when it was time to start getting the kids around, and he would help me with that every day. We home school, and he is very active in our daughters' education, especially math and science because his degree is in engineering. Housework...SOMETIMES he will feel guilty enough to get up and pitch in if he sees me rushing around...but don't get excited. LOL

I guess I can't complain too much. He does help, even if it does require prompting a lot of the time.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my husband took our son to baseball last night, an most of the time he will be unless he has work. he also helps around the house, this morning he got up with the kids got them ready for school so when i got up i just had to go our daughters hair an make our sons lunch!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Since I have trouble navigating stairs while carrying a basket of clothes, he takes them downstairs and washes and dries them. Then he carries them back up to me to hang, fold and put away. He also does the yard work. When we're getting ready for company, he helps me with general house cleaning.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 4:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• my WHO? doing WHAT? he's not.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He's awesome, it took a little "nagging" lol but he's got it down pat now and we have a great routine and we all FINALLY get out the door on time :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My husband pretty much does nothing but go to work. If I tell him I'm really swamped he'll step up and help with homework or bedtime but generally I do everything.

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Hubby's gone 4-6 weeks at a time with his job so It's on me to do all of the running, etc... When he's home he does whatever needs to be done without asking and I'm very thankful for that. I don't really mind doing it though, this is what we agreed on when we decided I would stay home full time.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• He's okay. He won't do anything unless I tell him to or leave him a note but he gets it done.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• During the week, when my husband works, his "help" is pretty minimal. But, it is mostly my fault. I claim the house stuff, so he can concentrate on the work stuff without extra stress. We live off of his paycheck, so his work is number one priority. And right now, my "job" is kids, house, and the books. It works out well for us.

He does help watch the kids, though, when I have meetings, appointments, or other important things to do. And, he is great with that. he also helps out with grocery shopping and picking up dinner.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• My hubby is AMAZING!! He does laundry every week, helps with diaper changes, feeding the kids, including our DD when she was still on the bottle. He also vacuums and sweeps. He almost does more housework than I do, ha ha!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011