Mirena and feeling pregnant SCARED please help

Hey Everyone! I got the Mirena in July 2009 after my daughter was born. I have had it almost two years and my periods are crazy. I bleed for the first 3 months NON STOP and then I would stop my period for 2 weeks and start back up for 3 weeks. Since Dec. 2010 I would have my period for 2 weeks then stop. Feb it was the normal 2 week period.
Well, I started dating the guy i am with since Dec 2010 and we started having sex at the end of Feb about 2 weeks after my period stoped. I started Feb. 2 and it ended Feb. 15th. Had protected sex feb 24th but we both were drinking. well we lost the condom and I am scared he came in me not knowing bc the next day i found the condom in me EWWW
I didnt start my period again til March 22..and it was VERY LIGHT and only lasted 4 days. I have been feeling werid lately. Breast are a little tender and cramping BAD in lower stomach. ive been wanting to eat more and ive been peeing more. too scared to take a test. I have a doc apt on the 22nd of this mouth to have the mirena removed.
I was ovulating around the time we lost the condom....what are my chances of being pregnant...?????? or is it even possible for me to get prego on the Mirena??? please help im really confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Nothing against you, but why is it, you hear so much about pregnancy scares on Mirena? That thing is just bad news.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yes its possible to get pregnant while on the mirena (i know someone that did) it could be possible that you are pregnant. . go take a test now and if you are the mirena needs to come out now and cant wait til the 22nd.. good luck!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 4:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had the mirena and HATED it!! After about a year of having it I was having constant pregnancy symptoms also. You do NEED to take a pregnancy test incase though because if you are pregnant you need to get to a doctor ASAP who knows what that thing could do to your baby. My best friend got pregnant while on hers after having it for three years. I'm not trying to scare you but you really need to take a test and get to the doctor soon because I was having pain in my lower stomach and cramps and turned out the thing had caused me to have an infection in my uterus which could get worse if you don't have it taken care of. Always better safe than sorry, I am sorry that you had a bad experience with that awful thing too :(
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Thanks you guys! Im going to go get a test right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I got pregnant with my now 1 month old son with one and it wasnt malplaced or defective, good luck
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• So yours was still in place and you got pregnant? You had a healthly pregnancy?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I had an IUD in for a whole year when i became pregnant with my 4th son. He will be 1 on april 22nd and my pregnancy was healthy. He has developmental delays, but i dont think it has anything to do with the IUD. My IUD was also in place and did not malfunction just like rhonda. I was 9 weeks preg before i found out because i took 2 tests that came back negative before i got a postive result. Good Luck.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2011