Is this normal?

I went to court yesterday for the protection order and got it. He came over crying begging me not to do this and he's changed and he is so sorry. I was sobbing all night. Today I am so exhausted and can't stop shaking. I am so tired.... he won't stop texting me and he is making me feel so bad..... I am so drained and scared.. Today I just feel like crying but I can't. All I want to do is sleep but I can't.

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• If I were you, I'd shelve this for a day. You need sleep, you can't think clearly. When you've thought clearly, you can deal with him. For now, forget it. Hang in there....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Yup...it's normal. It's part of the "Cycle of Violence".

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/domestic_violence_abuse_types_signs_causes_effects.htm

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I can't eat or sleep and I don't want to call the police but I'm getting to the point I might have to
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Stay strong. Remember why you got the restraining order in the first place. I had a moment of weakness and took my ex back and I realized that nothing changed. You need to do what's best for you and he needs to do what's best for him. You need this time to heal and figure out who you are and what you want in life and in a realtionship. It's normal to be sad and want to sleep. I went through the same thing and thought I would never be happy again. It does get better. Give yourself some time. Good Luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• If you have to call the cops, do it. You need to protect yourself above all.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Is this normal for him? Yes! Remember why you got the protection order, do not fall for his tricks.
    Is this normal for you? Yes, this a lot to go through. Don't make any decisions until you get control of your emotions.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Btw, I think I would call the cops too. Can't be too safe or careful nowadays.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• You need to call the police, pretty soon he is going to get angry about not getting his way, please don't have any more contact with him, perhaps they can have a car come sit outside tonight,,,be strong and turn off your phone, but keep it by you in case you need to call.. hugs to you!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• PS--What did he do that you got the protection order in the first place?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Protection order? Same as a restraining order?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2011