• In the Spotlight:

1st stage of labor

i am 100% effaced and 3 cm dialated, the doc said my bag is "buldging." My contractions have been about 6-7 mins apart since 6am. I have also been in pre-term labor for five weeks with twins (i am having a vag birth). Do i finally get to have them soon? when?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You're almost there, mama.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Have you called your doctor about the contractions?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:52 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• No telling. It depends on how quickly your labor progresses. Sometimes it happens within a few hours, sometimes it take a few days. But you'll probably go into full-blown, trip-to-the-hospital labor relatively soon, if your contractions are regularly 6-7 minutes apart.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Wooo! Hang in there mamma! Its almost time!! Make sure your bags are packed, as well as the babies, and make sure you have the car seats in the car.

If your contractions keep on coming regularly and are getting worse, give your doctor a call, it may be time!! (I would call when they get to 4-5 minutes apart)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• YAY, you're close. I would do exactly what CarolynBarnett suggested and make sure you have everything ready because the babies are running the show and when they're ready, you'd better be too and also as far as the contractions, when they're 4-5 minutes apart. Congrats!!!!! Great advice CarolynBarnett!!!!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Your doctor should keep checking you cause when you get 4cm they usually just send you to the hospital. And if it starts to get really painful i would just head to the ER. Especially since your giving birth to twins.
    Anonymous