First Postpartum Menstrual Cycle? adult content

I had my first son in February of this year, and I started my period a week ago yesterday... so I've been on it (and been HEAVY) for 8 days now... How long was your first period after you had a child? Is this normal, or should I see my doctor? Thanks ladies!!

b.leavitt101

Asked by b.leavitt101 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2011 in Health

• my first period was 11 days after i had my third baby
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yes its normal! i cant remember how long it lasted but i remember it stopped after 2 days then it came back heavy and i was crampy!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 4:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• yes its normal. it takes a couple periods till your all normal again
    Jgreg

Answer by Jgreg at 5:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• I don't remember with after DS1 because that was almost 4 years ago, but DS 2 will be 7 months old tomorrow and I still haven't had my first period after him.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• After my 1st son I bled very heavy for about 8 days, then on the 9th day I spotted, 10th day it stopped. With my 2nd son, I bled extremely heavy for about 18 days, bled light for about 5 more days, then spotted for another 3 days before it finally stopped. It is definitely normal to bleed for a few weeks. If you stop before 3-4 weeks you are one of the lucky ones!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• i got mine 10-12 weeks pp with all 3 ladies. my normal cycles are 3 days in legnth... but my first and second were more like 7 days.... i was told it is normal.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• thanks ladies! this made me feel much better!
    b.leavitt101

Comment by b.leavitt101 (original poster) at 7:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2011