Acne products?

My DD doesn't have a full face of acne but she gets the average girl pimple here and there days, well she tells me that some of them hurt and i've been there before also. Anyone have any suggestions of products that actually worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I was always told to leave them. If its really bad and you don't have insurance $50 gets you a cortisone shot. Not the same as the one used for pain relief.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I don't know of any OTC products, but if it gets to be a nuisance I highly recommend going to a dermatologist. She'll make sure the child gets the best treatment.
    It probably doesn't make any difference in your case, but I found out that orange juice caused my acne- it took until I was in my 40's before I realized it. I told my son and he stopped the OJ and sure enough his face cleared up. Could be a family sensitivity.

Answer by Bmat at 3:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Pro Active is the BEST thing on that market that really does work.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I use a generic Proactive sold at the grocery store and I tried everything you can think of before that. It works great.
    njt320

Answer by njt320 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my DD is on Duac Gel but it is very expensive if you dont have insurance
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• DEFNITELY GO TO THE DERMATOLOGIST.
    THEY HAVE MEDS SHE CAN TAKE AS A PREVENTATIVE. DIFFERINE WORKS REALLY WELL AND HAS A NORMAL NOSE AND SLIGHTLY STONGER. SO SHE WONT PEEL.
    I'D STAY AWAY FROM DAILY PILLS IF THEY AREN'T BAD.
    ALSO MAKE SURE SHE WASHES HER MAKE UP OFF AND USES A CLEANSER.
    AND LOOK INTO HER MAKE UP TO MAKE SURE IT IS NOT OILY AND ISNT TOO HEAVY FOR HER SKIN.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My mom had adult acne and tried everything including what the derm. gave her. Sometimes it is hormonal! Check out two products both from Arbonne (botanically based and vegan certified products!) Their acne line Clear Advantage and their natural progestrone cream. www.passion4more.myarbonne.com has some before and afters. I have lots of teen and adult friends and everyone has loved this products line. It is a lot safer then proactive too. On that site you can get deals for Christmas gift too. Just email on the contact page.
    Good luck
    KimArbonne

Answer by KimArbonne at 4:41 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I use a Johnson and Johnson natural face soap. it doesn't have any of that syliliac acid or benxoyl peroxide in it, it seems to be working wonders.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• If it's just a pimple now and then, just get her a good facial cleanser and toner. I use Clinique and LOVE it. They have a line for acne. I had horrible acne when I was a teenager, the bad bad kind, cystic acne. I went to the dermatoligist and was put on Accutane. But if your daughter doesn't have that really bad, then you don't need to see a dermatologist.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The dermatologist is worth the cost, even if you you have to 'save up', they can even inject a 'biggie' for a special [formal pix or party] occasion now, we had 3 different types of acne at the same time. The doc actually said to not over wash that it just promoted additional oil, and to avoid most otc products [too damaging, and just acerbate the prob.] NIA (niacin-pwered) was the most effective 'script' and a 4.5% benzol peroxide called ZoDerm, Make up removal when at home was a winner. Best wishes...

pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 4:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2008